Twyford Hall Memorial
Merimbula, NSW, Australia

Twyford Hall, whose foundation stone was laid in 1931 by Joseph William Twyford (1854 - 1933), after his gifting of the land for the establishment of a community centre for the people of Merimbula.  A Memorial Porch was added a short time later, the funds having been donated by Sarah Twyford (1860 - 1938), second wife of Joseph, as a memorial in remembrance of the soldiers of Merimbula who served during the Great War (WW1) and whose names are listed in a stone tablet set into the Hall's wall on Market Street, Merimbula. 



Close-up of the dedication plaque.



Close-up of the Roll of Honour.



Two additional tablets were later added listing those who served during World War II, also set into the wall on Market Street, possibly around the same time as the adjoining Soldiers Memorial Wing was added to the Hall.



Close-up of the second World War II Roll of Honour.
(All photos and text courtesy of Peter F. Williams)
© 2011 Peter F. Williams all rights reserved





Page published Feb. 26, 2012



久久天天躁夜夜躁狠狠_在线高清视频不卡无码_性爱网